Arsenal – Swords Of Darkness
And the true demon did rise, a massive brute with many arms.
And within the clawed hand at the end of each arm, it held a sword or purified evil.
And the battle continued and many died before the beast was felled.
But in a final act of defiance, it threw its swords into space, carrying its evil for all time.
And those swords would become known as the Swords of Darkness.
The original Sword of Darkness was a powerful weapon said to be capable of channeling the Dark Side of the Morphin Grid. Originally just a single weapon – albeit a very large weapon – like the Sword of Light and the Sword of Power, at some point the Sword of Darkness was broken into a set of smaller blades. Each sword is incredibly powerful, capable of augmenting the abilities of its user. In combat a sword could discharge waves of destructive energy at opponents and carve fissures in the ground.
Some blades were also capable of being used in rituals to enhance evil spells, such as when Rita Repulsa used a Sword of Darkness to strengthen her control over her Green Ranger. However the more powerful an individual Sword of Darkness is in combat, the weaker its connection to the Morphin Grid becomes during rituals.
A Sword of Darkness is not indestructible, however since there are multiple swords, destruction of one blade enhances the powers of the remaining swords. Should only one Sword of Darkness remain it is likely to hold complete power over the Dark Side of the Morphin Grid. Minion was supposed to wield such a blade, but when reality was restored, the Swords of Darkness were restored to their previous state.
- A Sword of Darkness can instill a terrible rage in those that use it in battle. Over time the effects increase leading to permanent madness.
- A Sword of Darkness is not indestructible, and is especially vulnerable if not in the hands of an evil warrior. The stronger a blade's connection to the Morphin Grid, the more vulnerable that blade is to physical attack.
- A Sword of Darkness is capable of slaying warriors of great strength and experience with ease.
- At least one of the many Swords of Darkness was cast instead of forged. This blade is purely intended for rituals and is the most magically powerful of the Swords of Darkness.
- Some evil warriors have sought to collect and merge the Swords of Darkness together.
- Some weapon smiths, loyal to the dark powers, have experimented with using Swords of Darkness to create other weapons such as bows and axes.